Frequently asked questions
Am I currently able to fly to Melton Mowbray?
Our Covid-19 Travel Advisor has the updates you need about current quarantine policies, travel advice and other important information for your flight to Melton Mowbray.
If I am not able to travel because of COVID-19, can I change or cancel?
Before you make a booking, have a quick scan through your preferred carrier’s terms and conditions. This should help with questions relating to COVID-19 and flight changes or cancellations. If you still need assistance, head to our Customer Service Portal.
Which airlines fly to Melton Mowbray?
Reserving a flight to Melton Mowbray is a breeze — simply take your pick of 24 airlines that fly into Hobart Intl. Airport (HBA). When you’ve organized your itinerary and packed your suitcase, these top domestic carriers will happily welcome you on board:
- Jetstar - 126 flights to Melton Mowbray per month
- Virgin Australia - 107 flights to Melton Mowbray per month
- The Flying Kangaroo - 94 flights to Melton Mowbray per month
What is the best airport to fly to in Melton Mowbray?
Keep an eye out for an amazing airfare to Hobart Intl. Airport (HBA). It’s the main airport servicing this city and is situated around 30 miles southeast of the center. After walking out of the arrivals area, it won’t be long before you’re enjoying the sights and sounds of Melton Mowbray.
How much is a flight to Melton Mowbray?
Lots of fabulous deals were on offer this week, with return flights to Melton Mowbray ranging from $102 to $2,215. But it was travelers arriving in from Melbourne (MEL) who landed the best bargains. One-way flights to Melton Mowbray started from a low $66.
How to book the cheapest flight to Melton Mowbray?
With some of the best flight deals around, you’re guaranteed value for money with Orbitz. The following handy hints will help you find cheap flights to Melton Mowbray — and leave you with cash to spare:
- Depending on where you’re taking off from, click on the ‘Nearby airports’ function (located under the departure and arrival options). In some cases, other departure points offer better priced fares.
- Also, click on the ‘Show flexible dates’ link to see the airfares on days around your selected departure. You may be able to pick up cheaper flight deals if your travel plans are flexible.
- To filter your results, hit ‘Show options.’ You can search based on seating class, airlines, nonstop flights and refundable flights. You can also choose whether you want to fly in the morning, afternoon or evening under ‘Sort & Filter’ to the left.
- Once you know your travel dates, lock in your flight. Fares normally become more expensive as the departure date nears.
- Combine your hotels, flights and car rental into an impressive package deal. Save your hard-earned dollars for things that really excite you, like exploring every corner of Melton Mowbray.
- Whenever possible, don’t travel during the busy season. Airfares are often at their highest during summer, school breaks and around other vacation times like Easter and Christmas.
How long is a flight to Melton Mowbray?
It depends where you begin your journey. This list of top domestic routes to Melton Mowbray and their flight times will give you a rough estimate of how long you might be in the air:
- Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) to Hobart Intl. Airport (HBA) - 1 hour and 17 minutes
- Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) to Hobart Intl. Airport (HBA) - 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Brisbane, QLD (BNE) to Hobart Intl. Airport (HBA) - 2 hours and 47 minutes
What is the best time to book a flight to Melton Mowbray?
Book in January, February or August for the most competitive fares to Melton Mowbray. Once you’ve found a bargain, buy it — cheap flights will emerge and disappear in an instant.
What day of the week is the cheapest to book a flight to Melton Mowbray?
Land a fantastic flight deal by booking on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. These are typically the best days to pick up cheap fares to Melton Mowbray.
What is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Melton Mowbray?
If you’re chasing cheap flights to Melton Mowbray, depart earlier in the week. Orbitz data from 2020 shows Monday is the cheapest day to travel, followed by Tuesday. Saturday is the most expensive, so avoid this day and do your budget a favor.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Melton Mowbray?
Consider jetting off sometime in August if you’re on a budget. Orbitz data has found that it’s generally the best month for cheap flights to Melton Mowbray. June is when airfares really go up.
Which airlines allow free cancellation?
Orbitz makes it a piece of cake to find airlines offering fare flexibility. Simply select “Filter by flexible change policies” when searching for your Melton Mowbray flights and bingo! You’ll see options that include free cancellation, no change fees and of course, an amazing low price.
What do I need for the flight to Melton Mowbray?
A lengthy journey can seem daunting, but it’s nothing a little preparation can’t solve. We’ve put together our top suggestions to make sure your journey is a hassle-free one:
- In all cases you’ll need a form of identification. How much? This depends on where you’re traveling to and from. When booking your tickets, you are encouraged to use the same name, birth date and gender as shown on your government-issued ID.
- Bring some extra entertainment for your long trip to Melton Mowbray. If you’ve had enough of watching movies, give your eyes a break from all that screen time and get stuck into a book.
- Cabin temperatures are often chilly enough to give you goose bumps. Carry an extra warm layer even if you’re heading off during the peak of summer.
How many direct flights are there to Melton Mowbray?
Your exciting adventure is just one easy plane ride away, with 64 direct services to Melton Mowbray each month. Search for your ideal flight with Orbitz and lock in an awesome deal with Jetstar, Virgin Australia or Qantas. Other leading airlines that provide nonstop services include Sharp Airlines, Fly Corporate and Air New Zealand.
How do I get cheap first-class/business deals to Melton Mowbray?
If you think a business or first-class ticket is way out of your reach, think again. Here are some top tips to help you book a premium flight to Melton Mowbray for a whole lot less:
- Be more flexible with your travel dates and hold out for exclusive offers or sales on business or first-class airfares.
- A lot of budget airlines offer top-notch business-class seating that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
- Bid for an upgrade. Some airlines hold online auctions that let you put down a price for a seat up the front. You may also be able to upgrade with points earned through a flight loyalty program.
How to get into Melton Mowbray from the airport?
Collect a Hobart Intl. Airport (HBA) car rental from HBA airport and easily find your way to downtown Melton Mowbray. Select a vehicle from one of the reputable rental outlets on-site including Hertz, Europcar or Thrifty Car Rental. When you’ve thrown your suitcases in the trunk, the town center is 30 miles to the northwest. If you’d prefer to take a taxi or public transportation into town and rent your own wheels from there instead, browse our Melton Mowbray car rentals.
What is the best time to go to Melton Mowbray?
Venture to Melton Mowbray in the popular months of . As with most places in the Southern Hemisphere, summertime here begins December 1. Think refreshing drinks, warmer days and more time outdoors. During this time, daily temperatures typically range between 50undefined and 70undefined.