If you have ever wished to text your ex back post a disastrous breakup then you are probably already aware that it is not easy to find the right words. Taking out the phone from your pocket is easy, but when your mind suddenly gets shrouded with thoughts of insecurity, doubts and fear, words just don’t come out. It is common to have thoughts such as:
– Should I simply write, “Hi!”?
– Will sending a text message make me appear needy, desperate or annoying?
– Will I scare him/her away by sending some wrong text message?
– Is it that I’m giving in too easily by sending that text message? Should I make him/her miss me a bit more?
– If I receive no response, it might end up making me more upset and anxious.
– Should I be apologizing for something I might have done wrong? And many more similar thoughts.
Pretty soon you will end up just sitting still, holding onto your mobile phone and feeling completely paralyzed; not knowing what should be said or done. If all this has happened to you or is still happening, you no longer need to be worried. In this article I will share with you 5 most important tips related to sending out those important first few text messages to get back with your ex.
Prior to trying to text your ex back post a tumultuous breakup, there are some important key points that you must keep in mind. The very first text message that you send after the breakup is the one that is most important. If the first one goes right, your ex might feel open to the idea of getting back again. On the other hand, if executed wrongly, it mind end up closing all communication channels for good.
Keep these important 5 points in mind prior to sending that first text message to your ex:
– Never apologize, plead, beg repeatedly or tell him/her things such as you have changed. You need to realize that the old relationship is passé. It is now about starting afresh. You will have to make him/her open to the idea of starting a better and new relationship.
– Don’t hurry that first text message. You need to give yourself and your ex some period of zero contact (3 to 4 weeks being an ideal timeframe). It is important for you to ponder over the things that went wrong in the relationship and to come to a decision whether you really wish to have your ex back into your life or is it just an emotional weak moment you are having.
– Don’t fret if you don’t receive a response immediately. It is not uncommon to get no response at all after the first few text messages. Your first few text messages must be structured in a manner that they don’t put any kind of pressure on your ex.
– Every text message that you send must have a particular purpose. Completely avoid sending text messages that Michael Fiore terms “nothing texts” in his tutorial – Text Your Ex Back
– Refrain from talking about the relationship in the first go. You will always have time to work things out, but right now it is important to focus on the reasons which got you together in the first place, rather than the reasons which ended the relationship.